Saturday, June 05, 2010

June 2010 Vacation Day 1

This has been a really great day. We got into SC early this AM and I was really tired BUT while I slept, Cheri, Crystal, and Isaac swam in the pool … so it was not a huge waste.

I go to see my mom, my aunt, and my brother and sister-in-law. Mom looked really good although her right leg was probably twice the size of the left. She stood a little and walked a little. It is clear that she is still deeply ill and, at her age, her recovery can be questionable.

But she is my mom and I love her dearly. It was really good to see her today.

Cheri’s mom looked good but her mind is really going. She wasn’t sure who I was, connected me with Crystal as husband and wife instead of father and daughter. I am not sure who she thought Isaac was but she sure enjoyed him.

Tomorrow, we are heading to church in Anderson, SC which should proved to be quite an experience.

No comments: