Saturday, March 19, 2011

Yeshua in Context by Derek Leman- a book review

Derail Leman's new book is definitely a great read. It is one of the newer publications from Messianic Judaism and provides a contextual rendering of the words spoken by Jesus Christ in the Gospels.

I thought the research seemed sound and I thought the writing style was very engaging.

Perhaps the thing I liked most about this book is that is reflective of a growth in Messianic Judaism: it does not build a foundation for Messianic Judaism; it assumes such ... And then produces a helpful understanding of Middle Eastern, Jewish backgrounds of Jesus' teaching.

I think it is one of the best Messianic reads i have had in a long time.

Yeshua in Contet is written by Derek Leman and is published byMount Olive Press in Stone Mountain Georgia.
ISBN 978-0-9747814-4-0

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: