Friday, February 10, 2012

Candidates for Office

We are now well into the election season and, once again, it seems that mud-slinging and one-upping one another are typical fare.

I guess I have a couple of questions for all of the candidates and voters:

1) Does one have to be a politician in order to be a candidate? It seems that all candidates are true politicians which, according to my personal definition, is congruous with phony and integrity-lacking. Once again, it seems that we are forced with voting for the one who is the lesser of the evils.

2) Is the mid-slinging really necessary? No longer are we to vote on someone because of their personal merits; instead we are to vote for the person with the least amount of dirt on his face and/or skeletons in his closet.

3) Some want us to take religion out of the voting process. I think this really interprets to mean that “one’s ‘religion-less’ religion is more important and more capable of producing a good candidate than is one’s Christianity.” It doesn’t work that way my friend. God MUST be at the center of our voting process.

and finally,

4) Can God really save this nation, either because of or instead of our particular government official? I believe He can.

2 Chronicles 7:14-15- “Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. My eyes will be open and my ears attentive to every prayer made in this place. “

No comments: